Wednesday 17 August 2011

Annual Begging Bowl Post For 2011

Still catching up here at Puddlecote Towers and have only picked up on this with just two days left! So here's the blogging equivalent of an activist offering you a lift to the polling station at 8:30pm on election day.

I'd assumed that once Iain Dale went all nuclear that the Total Politics Blog Poll was going to be forgotten. However - via excellent bloggers far more on the ball than me - it's still happening this year, albeit a bit later than usual.

In fact, if anything they've made the whole shebang easier this time round. Here's the instruction manual.

The rules are simple.

1.Your votes must be ranked from 1 to 10. The higher you rank a blog or author, the higher up they will appear in the aggregated results. You must enter a minimum of five names for your vote to count. If you don't want to enter more than five, just write 'blank' in the remaining boxes. Every box must have some text in for the vote to be submitted successfully.

2.Only submit your vote once. If you vote more than once, it won’t be counted.

3.Only blogs based in the UK, run by UK residents and based on UK politics are eligible. However, this does not mean blogs hosted outside the UK, or blogs with contributors who don't live in the UK aren't eligible.

4.Anonymous votes left in the comments on the Total Politics website or emailed to members of staff will not count. You must submit your vote via the survey and you must enter a valid email address when you do so.
To have a bash, just click this link and make your selections by midnight on Friday 19th August (see? Told you I was playing catch-up). And if you could see your way to including a certain jewel robber in your list, that'd be right dandy.

If you're not sure which blogs to choose, there is a comprehensive selection here, as well as the 'Daily Reads' to the right.

By way of background, this humble drivel made 78th and 42nd in the past two years.

Here endeth Operation Get-The-Vote-Out.


13 comments:

Monty Cristo said...

Yer too bloody late, already voted for you.

Dick Puddlecote said...

You're a gentleman, Monty. :)

Angry Exile said...

LYou got a vote from me a couple of days ago as well. I nearly put all my favourite bloggers in the left wing category just to try annoy the Labial Consplattery mob but resisted the temptation.

Dick Puddlecote said...

(: ǝɐ sʞuɐɥʇ

Captain Ranty said...

You got a vote from me as well, old son.

CR.

Dick Puddlecote said...

Ta, CR. Don't reckon you'll find votes hard to come by judging from your lively comments. ;)

SadButMadLad said...

As someone said elsewhere, a bit of a circle wank fest, but I voted for you too. Though will you forgive me if I voted for AnnaRaccoon over yourself?

Dick Puddlecote said...

SBML: I'd be admonishing if you didn't considering you write there!

Ta for the mention in dispatches, though. :)

Trooper Thompson said...

I've always kept out of these things like a sulking child.

John Pickworth said...

You've got my vote Dick...

I've tended to stay clear of the 'big blogs' this year, instead voting for the lone wolfs who make the debate rather than simply react to it.

Anonymous said...

Voted and thanks for the reminder. I did not realize the deadline was coming up so fast. I voted for you of course, but also went down your own blogroll to the right and selected from that list since it's full of many other blogs I read also. Best of luck, I am hoping for high scores amongst the libertarian blogsites again this year.

subrosa said...

Jings Dick, I've just noticed this. I'll have to get my two readers informed and do one myself. As one of your commenters said I'm only going for the poor devils like ourselves who do it all alone - although I am fortunate with guest posts at times.

Now tell me, is 1 low and 10 high or vice versa? It's too early in the morning for me to work it out.

BTS said...

Seeing as I have temporary computer access, I have voted. I also requested a special award for your dancefloor heroics - I hope you appreciate that I was sober for that experience..