Thursday 11 March 2010

Write To The BBC

How nice of 38 Degrees to give us a user-friendly medium by which to e-mail the BBC about cuts.

Here's mine.

I APPLAUD cuts to the BBC

Dear BBC Trust,

I am writing to respond to the consultation about the Strategic Review recently published by the Trust. I urge you to continue with your plans to make cuts to the BBC.

In fact, I would recommend starving the BBC of public funds altogether until such time as they are able to report news in an objective manner, without bias, without an unbending adherence to government policy, and without promoting quite laughable nonsense parading as 'science'.

These practices are against the BBC's definition of purpose, after all.

Yours,
Richard Puddlecote
Thanks to the Guy in the String Vest for pointing it out.

UPDATE: The auto-generated e-mail was amusing.

Thank you for writing to the BBC Trust to oppose their cuts to BBC services, including 6Music and Asian Network.
Err, I didn't.

People power is how we will win this campaign. Can you help getting more people to join in by telling your friends?
Err, I just did.


11 comments:

PJH said...

Thank you for writing to the BBC Trust to oppose their cuts to BBC services, including 6Music and Asian Network.

Please send any responses you to mpreplies@38degrees.org.uk


My reply to them:

... but I didn't write to the BBC Trust to oppose the cuts.

I'll certainly forward any replies I get to what I did write, however.

Thanks!

Mr A said...

Excellent fun! Just done mine.

BTS said...

I just thought I'd read the comments and there was the word verication: boobbles.

Fond memories of constant references* to Caroline Flint's tits on Mark Wadsworth's blog..

*By me that is. Allegedly.

g1lgam3sh said...

Done :-)

Dick Puddlecote said...

BTS: As founder of this particular feast, you should be congratulated ... on managing to crowbar boobs into the comments.

banned said...

Larks
"Dear BBC Trust,

I am writing to respond to the consultation about the Strategic Review recently published by the Trust. I urge you to continue with your plans to slash the BBC. The current proposals would rightly get rid of some services, including 6Music, Asian Network and many rubbish BBC websites.

Please go ahead with the current plans to make these cuts and find additional ways to make sure the BBC can cut back as many staff as possible in the future
Yours,"


Tom Of Derby

The Filthy Engineer said...

Good site. I recommended that they shut down all channels except Cbbc. After all you have to "Think of the Cheeeldren".

Prats.

BTS said...

I merely follow where the word verification widget leads..

Speaking of which though: nonsable

I'm not making this shit up.

If only there was a 't' in the appropriate place I could sack my psychiatrist as being superfluous to requirements..

Mr A said...

They must have cottoned on. I didn't get the auto "Thanks for trying to save the BBC" message, I just got "Thanks for your email to the BBC Trust."

PJH said...

They must have cottoned on.

Hmm. I can't have been the only one to have replied to their unsolicited email (and, yes it was unsolicited - there was no option to opt-in or -out of mailings from them,) so I can only assume others have replied saying "stop talking rubbish."

On the plus side, however, they (and the BBC of course) are the only one(s) with that email address, so if I start getting inappropriate emails to it I'm sure the data commissioner would be interested...

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.
The bbc is showing its total bias in the run up to the election, but recently there have been so many complaints that they are a little fearful of a backlash.
Listen to "Feedback" on radio 4 and you will hear Roger Bolton mention the complaints about Dimbleby and the audience on the last Question Time, plus the endless 5 days of Ashcroft we were all subjected to by the loony beeboids.
The programme glossed over the issues with the usual Beeboid Editor tying Ashcroft to Brown bullying (not complained about) but THE MESSAGE IS GETTING THROUGH.