Thursday 25 March 2010

Phone In Filler

If it appears quiet around here, it'll be due to a Puddlecote jaunt to Westminster last night for an IEA presentation on the future for free marketeers. I may write something on it later but, for now, I'm wolfing down medicinal muffins at an alarming rate ... those policy wonks are very generous with the grape.

Meanwhile, Angela Harbutt of Liberal Vision has kindly compiled edited highlights of yesterday's Radio 5 Live phone in concerning calls for a smoking ban in cars. You might wish to have a listen ... the first lie pops up at 1:05.




6 comments:

Unknown said...

Missed that yesterday DP, makes you hopping bloody mad. 40 infants killed through passive smoking? Lying Fuckers!

Pogo said...

It was pretty obvious which side of the "debate" the presenter was on... Lettting the bullshitter from "Smokefree" rabbit on, spouting her junk science at length yet jumping straight in over the guy from "Forest".

Oh... I don't smoke by the way, but as you can see from my abreviated profile I hate junk science above just about everything.

Angry Amoker said...

This totally destroys the MYTH of Second Hand Smoke or ETS.

FFS READ IT
http://www.antibrains.com/shs.html

Unknown said...

Michael J. McFadden is well known to both DP and F2C. I use his book on SHS all the time. DP probably had a chat with him at the TICAP conference. Bugger, wish I could have been there and met Michael, I'm a huge fan of his.

PJH said...

the first lie pops up at 1:05

Hmm - I'm sure I heard the first one at 0:30[1]. Or 0:38[2] if I were being generous.

I couldn't really be arsed to listen to the rest of it - I think I know how it went from Pogo's comment.

[1] ... the RCP report is really important...
[2] ... harmful effects of 2nd hand smoke [on children]

Dick Puddlecote said...

I stand corrected, PJH. :-)