Sunday 28 March 2010

Ire And Ice

Mrs P is watching Dancing on Ice. A couple just took to the rink jauntily dressed as cuddly faux stereo-typical punks, dancing to some effete, soulless, sanitised cut-down of a Buzzcocks number.



A northern band who burst onto the late 70s punk/new wave scene in the wake of the Pistols, with tracks such as Orgasm Addict and Oh Shit, are now background muzak for no-mark celebros, slithering badly around a family friendly white oval, for an audience of studio blue rinsers and domestic sofa-bound comfort zoners.

I think a part of my very being just died tonight.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and DOI is one of the better celebcomp shows!

Jay

Antipholus Papps said...

I think a part of my very being just died tonight.

That happened to me when I saw Iggy Pop hawking car insurance.

Anonymous said...

Oh Dick, Please dont mention
brain melting TV shows to us
intellectuals again, I've just
lofted my Beef and Tomato Pot
Noodle all over an ASH application form. We all know what kind of men watch DOI, and why.

Pre TV kid

Private Widdle said...

Fucking aye right, mate.

Dick Puddlecote said...

Antipholus, glad you showed up, can you e-mail me please? Got something for ya. :-)

Zaphod Camden said...

I felt exactly the same when they released that cover version of Don't Stop Believing a while back.

Christ, the younger generation has no clue, does it?

Mind you, that's what my dad said about David Bowie. And probably what his dad said about the bands on the 6.5 Special.

That depresses me even more...

Brian, follower of Deornoth said...

Music has been going downhill since Bach.

Frank Davis said...

Bach? Bach?

Do you no remember Tommy Tallis?

Neal Asher said...

It's called getting old, Dick.